Private Studio. East Bay CA. 8 CES for MTs.
|REGISTER NOW ONLINE>>
|Shirodhara is a classical Ayurvedic treatment in which sedating warm oil is poured in a continuous stream across the forehead. This sedating warm oil treatment applied to the third eye promotes a deep relaxation, unattainable by any other means. Traditionally part of the preparation for an Ayurvedic internal cleansing process called Pancha Karma, Shirodhara is an ancient therapeutic treatment used to calm and balance the nervous system.A steady stream of oil is eased onto the third eye, over the forehead, down the scalp and through the hair. This quiets the mind and encourages the subtle energies of the body to flow in an upward direction. In this class, we will discuss the various techniques for applying shirodhara as well as an assortment of mediums called for in a range of circumstances. Its therapeutic effects must be experienced to fully understand and benefit from this treatment. This ONE day Workshop is perfect for Massage Therapists, Estheticians, Pancha Karma technicians and any other wellness practitioners who feel called to share this magnificent yet subtle modality with their clients and loved ones.|
|1. To learn the basic principles of Ayurveda
2. To know the indications and contraindications for application
3. To understand the effects of shirodhara on the body/mind/spirit
4. To create an ideal layout for a Shirodhara treatment room
5. To perform the various Shirodhara techniques quietly and comfortably
|1. Creating an assortment of mediums with which to apply Shirodhara
2. Practice with the various mediums used in Shirodhara treatments
3. Attempt the different ways to apply Shirodhara
4. Marma therapy for the face, neck, and head
5. Learn and perform an Ayurvedic Scalp massage
|NEXT CLASS: Sunday, March 9th 2014.
|TIME: 10-6 pm|
|LOCATION: East Bay Area Studio|